Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year - New Revelations

Hi Everyone-
I hope all of you are having a great day and start to the new year. I am starting in Genesis again for another year of reading the New Living Translations of Chronological Bible, with Wendy Pope and the other readers. You can click her name above to be directed to her post and find out more about it. This year Wendy has given us some questions to ponder as we read.

  1. Name something that you read today that was familiar but "heard" in a new way.
  2. Name something that you did not know before today's reading.
  3. Name one truth or "nugget" from today's reading you can apply to your life.
So over the next year as often as I can I will share with you the New, Different and Nuggets, I get from my daily chronological reading.

January 1st 2010

My Nugget that I can apply to my life is in Genesis 1:11 These seeds will then produce the kinds of plants and trees from which they came. Everything produces after its own kind - If I am kind, it will produce kindness, if I am patient it will produce patience, so the things in my life that I desire, if I sow those seeds I will reap.

What did I see differently?
In Genesis 3:22-24 Last year I saw how and why they were banished from the garden. (Because God had sentenced them to hard labor in birth and in gathering food, if they were to eat from the tree of life it would go on for eternity. He then placed a guard around the garden so they wouldn't eat from the tree of life.) This year I saw God talking. [Then the Lord God said, "Look, the human beings" have become like us,....] who is God talking to,? obviously Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Today I got the visual of John 1:1 "In the beginning was the word, and the Word was with God and the word was God." I knew Jesus and the Holy Spirit were there from the beginning I just didn't make the connection from this scripture before. That was awesome.

My New and my Seeing something in a different way both seemed new and different. :) Vs 1:6 Then God Said, "Let there be a space between the waters, to separate the waters of the heavens from the waters of the earth." I got this whole new visual of the heavens and earth being one - in unison. I'm not sure how to explain that... But it was great.

The other new thing I noticed was that after they had eaten the forbidden fruit, Genesis 3:16 "Then He said to the Woman, "I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy, and in pain you will give birth. and you will desire to control your husband, but he will rule over you." Two things in there first "sharpen your pain" was their always going to be pain? and secondly "he will rule over you" does that mean that originally there wasn't a need for one to rule?

Well that is it for today - Happy New Years all for all the New Year.
Be blessed.
Lynn

No comments: