Tuesday, January 5, 2010

In His Word Day 5

Good Morning
Well this is day 5 of the 2010 Chronological reading and here are some highlights of what I read.


Something new: Gen 17:17 Abraham bowed down to the ground, but he laughed to himself in disbelief. I knew Sarah laughs (tomorrows reading) but I hadn't notice that Abraham did also.
Then Isaac's name means He laughs was he named that because both his parents laughed?

Something different: I noticed how many times God said he was making a covenant and confirming a covenant. Gen 15:18, 17:2,4,7,19,21. It made me smile thinking ya God really knows us and knows we want/need that continual confirmation "God if that's you give me a sign" :)

Something to Apply: Gen 17:9 "Then God said to Abraham (Lynn) "Your responsibility is to obey the terms of the covenant. You and your descendants have this continual responsibility.
How many times are we so quick to remind God of what He said He would do verses how often we look at ourselves and ask the question - Did I do what I was supposed to do?

Have a great day everyone.
Lynn

No comments: