Friday, January 8, 2010

In His Word Day 8

Good Morning

If you are here for the 1st time, I am reading the Bible Chronologically with a bunch of others. We all gather at Wendy Pope's Blog where she gives us her take of the daily reading. Then we can comment, answering 1-3 questions, ask for prayer or just fellowship by commenting.

So here are my nuggets from Gods word today.

Something different/new: Gen 25:5 Abraham gave everything he owned to his son Isaac. 6 But before he died, he gave gifts to the sons of his concubines and sent them off to a land in the east, away from Isaac.
I didn't remember him giving gifts and I thought it was interesting that Abraham sent them away from Isaac. In the commentary I read it said "Abraham was careful to set Isaac apart as the child of promise." Can you imagine the excitement and curiosity you would have about you future knowing you were the child of promise... We are the children of promise, because of being the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, we are set apart as the children of promise. Selah

Something new/different: Gen 25:7 Abraham lived to be 175 years old.
Esau and Jacob were 15 years old when he died. What all did they hear from their Grandfather. As a grandparent myself I know we are always speaking into their lives.

Something to apply/do: (When Abraham died) Gen 25:9 His sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah, near Mamre, in the field of Ephron son of Zohar the Hittite.
It shows me that there are times that despite all else that is going on between two people, there are times and situations that I need to lay down differences and do what needs to be done!

Have a great day everyone!
Lynn

No comments: