Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Revelations Day 2

Continuing on with my chronological reading this is day 2. I am not sure if I will be able to post every day but when I can I will. As I stated yesterday Wendy who is hosting our reading again this year posted some questions for us to consider while we read.
  1. Name something that you read today that was familiar but "heard" in a new way.
  2. Name something that you did not know before today's reading.
  3. Name one truth or "nugget" from today's reading you can apply to your life.
Well I wanted to keep them in mind but not keep going back and reading them so this is what came to mind... from God or not here it is: (Goes like the Wedding day jingle)
Something old
Something new
and Something for me to do.
Okay enough of that! :)

In Gen 4:5 The Lord rejects Cains offering - It doesn't give a lot of detail, so I went to one of Wendy's suggested sites to look at it further, the commentary showed that they probably brought the offering to the tree of life where the cherubim were and that maybe because there are acceptable sacrifices consumed by fire that it may have been evident it was not acceptable because it didn't burn. Basically God knew his heart and motive of giving.

What was something I saw in a new way: Gen 4:16 So Cain left the Lords presence and settled in the land of NOD east of Eden. Nod means wandering - Cain was sentenced to wander (vs 12 " No longer will the ground yield good crops for you, no matter how hard you work! From now on you will be a homeless wanderer on the earth".) so even when Cain tried to settle is was in the town of wandering.

What else was new? Gen 4:26 "When Seth grew up, he had a son and named him Enosh. At that time people FIRST began to worship the Lord by name." I hadn't seen the part where that was when they 1st started worshiping the Lord. Also in vs 25 I hadn't seen that Seth, Adam and Eve's 3rd son, was said to replace Abel.

What can I apply? Genesis 6:6 "So the Lord was sorry he had ever made them and put them on earth, it broke His heart" and again in vs 7 it says "I am sorry I ever made them"
There is a song by Hillsong named "Hosanna" and part of the chorus says - "Break my Heart for what breaks His" How can I apply this? Be more aware of my thoughts and actions so that what I do does not break Gods heart.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and start to their new year. New Years is not just a day, but each day is the start of a new year, a new beginning. So whether it is yesterday, today or tomorrow, it can be a new year, a new beginning, the start to a new life. If you haven't asked Jesus to be the Lord of your life will you do that today. Romans 10:9-10 says: If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. If you haven't done that before will please ask Jesus into your heart.

Be Blessed
Lynn

No comments: