Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"I AM" Lesson Ten




Discussion Questions:

Another chapter in our study from Lisa aka: The Preachers Wife

"Why should the Egyptians speak, saying, 'With evil intent He brought them out to kill them in the mountains and to destroy them from the face of the earth? Turn from your burning anger and change Your mind about doing harm to Your people." Exodus 32:12

1. Have you ever experienced trials that were best dealt with "in the family" for either your reputation's sake or God's? You may still choose to leave them there, but you are welcome to share if you are comfortable.

Yes!

2. Have you ever found yourself in a bizarre circumstance and later were able to walk someone through the same/similar situation? Did you recognize the hand of God in it?

Yes and then there are the ones you are working to lead someone through and they won't let you or God in.

3. I was in my late twenties before I ever let myself believe God was for me instead of waiting to smack me upside the head every time I made a mistake. Do you truly believe God is on your side?

Yeah, I understand and believe.

4. If God has ever had you in the Holy Spirit Choke hold (and who hasn't He?), how have you reacted to God's chastisement? Were you bitter? Brokenhearted? Grateful?

At the time fearful and then grateful.

5. Write a brief prayer of Thanksgiving for God's long suffering.

Father God I do truly thank you for all you have done to reconcile me to you. Thank you for the refining fire that did not feel good at the time, however has brought purity back into my life. I thank you for the blood of Jesus that has cleansed me and made me right before you. In Jesus' precious name - Amen

Thanks Lisa

Be Blessed

Lynn

No comments: