1. Have you ever been in a situation where you had to 'go back' to a place of shame or ridicule? How did that make you feel?
I felt insecure and fearful, at least for a while. But as I grow in my relationship with God it empowered me and makes me strong.
2. Is there any circumstance in your life that still has you running for cover? Share if you feel comfortable.
Yes and No! Old fearful feelings try to creep in, But I know "If I face my fears, I become fearless" (Lisa Bevere). When Satan was tempting Jesus and Jesus resisted Satan said he would leave for now and come back at a more opportune time.
James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
I have to take the 1st step of standing even if I have little alien babies inside me.
3. When is the last time you felt like an over comer?
Well actually every day! Each time I choose to do the right thing, every time I stand up.
There are bigger battles that I have overcome, but those come from all the little confrontations I do. I was a people pleaser that could be controlled & manipulated w/ fear. Each time I confronted people that were trying to use or manipulate me I was and am overcoming. Satan will forever try to use the tools that worked before, he knows your weakness better than you do. Fears still try to come against me but the love of God and pleasing Him out weights them.
4. If you have not yet taken the serpent by the tail, are you willing to stop running, take hold and trust God to transform it into a tool for wonders?
I think I have grabbed the serpent but if I haven't I want God to show me and Yes I am ready to transform into a tool of wonder.
5. I would like for you to write down this statement based on 1 John 2:14 somewhere you will see it often this week: "I am strong, the Word of God abides in me, and I have overcome the evil one." Memorize it. Say it over and over until you believe it. Will you do this?? Most of the time, there are no right or wrong answers, but on this one, I'm expecting a 'yes'!