This is a Bible study by Lisa aka: The Preachers Wife
1. When is the last time you encountered a Fist Shaker? This may be a stranger to you or as close as a loved one in your own home. Does anything in our description help you to understand their animosity towards God? Are you able to have more compassion towards them?
Yes I encounter them way more than I would like to. How timely it has been within a week. I do understand them and their pride and anger and bitterness that causes them to shake their fists. However because I have tasted the good of the Lord I want them to submit. This is where I need to be the "Faith Taker" and let God handle it. :)
2. Does anything about Rahab's redemption strike a nerve? This may be a question you would like to ponder privately. Sexual sin and/or victimization can be an area where Satan has an enormous stronghold because it can hold so many painful and shameful memories. If Rahab teaches us anything, please know God can redeem any life and any situation, no matter how heinous it seems, and plant you unashamedly 'in the midst of Israel'. Rahab deserved death according to Mosaic Law, however she was shown nothing but loving kindness by the God and nation of Israel.
Yes. I am so thankful for Gods loving kindness. Until a few years ago life had dealt some wicked twists and turns.
3. Is there an area of your life in which you feel you have come full circle? Where you've come to a place where everything and nothing are the same? (I'm thinking Lord of the Rings when Frodo goes back to the Shire after his long adventure. You have no clue what I just said if you are not an LOTR nerd so just ignore this if it doesn't make sense! :)
Ya I don't know LOTR :) But I think I have come full circle within myself. I am the same, and some if not a lot of the changes that the Lord has done in me may not be noticeable to others(so I am the same) but yet I know what I have had to overcome (so nothings the same).
4. When you were born again, did you gain a new appreciation for your surroundings as Rahab did when she received the Promise along with the Promised Land? Has some old place, object, or relationship been redeemed by now serving a 'high and holy purpose'?
Yes when I rededicated myself, because that is when I really started serving the Lord not just in tongue. A lot of relationships became better, and I definitely was so much more appreciative of what I had in life.
5. Believers can still be Fist Shakers. Do you have circumstances in your life in which you find yourself shaking your fist at God? Something He has asked you to endure, asked you to do, seemingly taken away from you? Can you see how shaking your fist is keeping you from your Promise? (I'm not talking eternal security here - Only abundant living.)
I don't shake my fist I whine... oops did I admit that? :) And yes I know it keeps me from the blessings that God is trying to get me to, so I do usually quit quickly.
Wow Lisa do you give us a huge spiritual mirror or what? It's for our good though.
Thank you again and again.
Be Blessed all who read,