Monday, June 23, 2008

"I AM" Lesson 13




BURNING QUESTIONS


1. Do you struggle with a sense of self-worth? How do you perceive this has affected the way you are able to 'keep your head upright'? If not, do you know someone who suffers in this area?

Yes, that has been my biggest struggle all my life. I am at a place now that I believe God loves me and made me for a special purpose, but I am always working to make sure I do fall back into those insecure, people pleasing mindsets and habits. I constantly prayerful ask God am I doing these things for you for am I trying to win favor for myself. I did have a hard time holding my head up, I didn't want to be noticed then I couldn't be ridiculed or made fun of. I look back now that I have more Godly wisdom and it was so stupid to let the devil and other people have such control over me, but when I was in it that's all I knew how to do.

2. What are you most afraid of? Does this fear affect the way you move through life? (Ex. Are you overprotective with children? Afraid to take risks?)

Well I used to be afraid of acceptance, and yes it affected everything I did. I did mostly whatever because I wanted to or liked it I did everything based on whether I felt the person I was around at the time approved.

3. What is one of the most marvelous ways God has provided a need? I can't wait to hear your stories on this one!

God has done so many wonderful things in my life, but as far as a NEED, as you talked about, this was the first thing that came to mind.
When I was in high school (just a couple years ago ha ha I mean decades) my Mom and I had some real lean times. I'm not sure exactly was going on but we didn't have hardly anything to eat for about two weeks. Groceries were minimal in the cupboards. We would tell each other we ate earlier in the day. One day we got home and there was a bag of groceries at our front door. And I think what it said was for Pat and Lynn God provides. It had a canned ham, dozen eggs, bread, 10# potatoes, and I don't know what all else, but we had the biggest breakfast that night. Well my Mom recognized the handwriting and it was from a friend that we knew didn't have much of anything either, I'm not sure where he got the food for us, but I know ultimately it was from God. Yes God is good ALL the time. I have no NEEDS now and I know why, God provides them all. :)


4. Steve Brown, a Moody Broadcasting Bible Teacher, is one of the first people I ever heard teach the concept that God was not mad at me. I grew up in a denomination that led me to believe He was in a continuous state of disappointment over my failures. How about you? Though in your heart you know God says He loves you, does Satan in your mind ever try to convince you otherwise?

Oh yes, that because I have sinned I was bad and that God would never be able to use me in a mighty way because I am stained, and not pure. It is a lie from the pit and I have to remind myself of that so I don't believe the lie.

5. How close are you to your own Promised Land? Not at all, 1/2 way, almost there? By this I mean the place of abundant living and effectiveness here on earth, not the ultimate fulfillment in Glory! Though I hope you are going to heaven, I don't want it to be today! :)

Well I would have to say 7/8 my life is so wonderful now. It is prosperous and abundant, we are very blessed. We will always have more to learn, grow in and conquer, but we are at a wonderful point.


Again, can't say it enough, thanks Lisa for this study.
Lynn

1 comment:

SKY4KAT said...

Hi Lynn,
Just starting to catch up with people. Haven't read all this blog but did read the story about the person who God used to provide for you and your mother. What a story.
Hope you have been well.
We had a wonderful river trip I'll post some pictures in a few days or so.
So what is this warrior role about.
Tell me more.
Katrina