Monday, June 9, 2008

"I AM" Lesson Nine





This is an online Bible study hosted by Lisa aka: The Preacher's Wife Thanks Lisa!

1. On a scale of 1 to 10, rate yourself on how often your conversation is seasoned with the works of the Lord on your behalf? If you speak very little of Him, is there a reason you know of? If you speak often, how do people respond?

Scale of 1-10 ? 7 is that too bold of me?

The times I don't share are for different reasons. I will be selective according to my audience. If they are believers, or believers that don't practice, great open arena, give me a podium. If they believe and actively practice I may sit back and listen to see if I can learn anything. If they knew me before Jesus was in my daily life... I'm more selective on what I share and work on building my new credibility with them.

This was very thought and prayer provoking and the post on my other blog shares some of my thought patterns, and revelations.


2. Have you experienced a Set Up for a Show Up when you were uncertain whether the situation was the chastisement of the Lord or a temptation of Satan?

Yes and probably a lot of them that I didn't recognize. I do try to remember these are the ones that are the sandpaper that refines me. But yes I do forget at times and make the battle much harder than I need to.


3. Have you ever or are you now experiencing any Job trials where you can still not identify any wrong-doing on your part?

Oh yeah more than once. There was a time when I wouldn't lie for my supervisor, who was also my friend. She blew up and screamed profanities at me and no one at the company would reprimand her for what she did. I was the one that got in trouble. This is before I knew as much as I do now and she put me through Hell on earth until I ended up quitting. She did eventually get fired a couple of years later but I wish I could have stood longer and better.


4. Apply this principle: How can my response make my God famous? Will obedience result in my sanctification and God's Glory?

My response and obedience has a lot to do with God's fame. People watch people to see what they are really like. They don't just want you to tell them about your God, they want to know that he is real to you. If you live for Him they will know that He is. If I am loving, merciful, and joyous during a trial people are going to know this God I have must be really something.


5. Does the origin of our affliction matter in view of the fame God can gain from it?

I don't think so -God is an opportunist. He will use what He can to draw people to Himself. Beauty for our Ashes, and His Glory.

Thanks Lisa I love learning more of the word and you are helping draw things out for me to look at myself. Spiritual tune ups are always a good thing. That's how we grow.

Blessings,

Lynn


2 comments:

Sallye said...

Lynn,

Love your responses to this lesson. Esp the one concerning your boss. I have lived this, but not to this extreme. Thank you for the new view.

Sallye

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I'm loving your responses...I gain so much insight from you girls. I remain amazed how God can take a general word and apply it so specifically to each life!