Sunday, May 4, 2008

Will you join me in Heaven please

If you read my other Blog I said I would share the story of the phone call I got on Thursday morning. I work for a family business and one of the family members had fallen hit their head and was in a coma, on life support. I immediately prayed for him for the family and for his salvation. The family was told he was clinically brain dead, his brain was bleeding and swelling. This person had abused drugs and alcohol for over 30 years. The family assumed the abuse would eventually take his life and to some it was too hard for them to watch and had even distanced themselves from it and him.

Well this brought a whirl of thoughts, through out all the day Thursday. First it brought back the thoughts of my Mom being on life support, before she went home to be with Jesus. It also made me think of who was going to do what at work, being a family run business and most of the family up at the hospital, there was some juggling of responsibilities that needed to be done. Well as I stated in my other blog I ended up working a 12hr day, being one of the senior people that is not family I needed to step in. But Jesus was right there making everything go so smooth and without a hitch, and I was still able to have Friday off for my dinner party.

At one point during an update from one of the family members (by marriage) I asked "Is he saved". Well they didn't know for sure and maybe he was a good person..... At this point even though this person claimed they were saved I doubted that they knew what it really meant. I explained to this person, it was not about being good, or doing good things. It was about being born again, that you needed to accept Jesus as your Lord and savior.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him Verily Verily I say unto you Except a man is born again, he can not see the kingdom of God.

It's not easy or fun to share with someone at a time like that and I'm glad they were only related by marriage. It is not God's desire (or mine) that any of us should go to hell, but when we leave this world we are spending eternity somewhere.

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. —Romans 10:9,10 (NLT)

If you haven't accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, will you pray this out loud with me.

Father in the name of Jesus, I come to you today and repent for my sins and ask you to forgive me and wash me clean, I believe that you died on the cross for my sins and rose from the dead. I ask you to come into my heart and be the Lord of my life. I thank you that I am your child and that I am reborn.

You are not going to feel any different at first. You in the natural, are still the same person with the same feelings and thoughts. But your spirit is a new creation and different - eventually your natural self (your flesh) will become new as well

2 Corinthians 5:16
So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.
17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
18All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.


I know most of the ladies that are reading this are Christians - you got here from a Bible study we are doing. But I don't want to miss the opportunity in case someone sees this blog and doesn't know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

Be Blessed
Lynn

3 comments:

Plant Lady said...

Lynn,
Wonderful! The salvation of one soul is worth everything! There is no greater desire than the desire Christ has of seeing one of His children come to Him!

It should also be our desire as Christians, to see souls saved. I am glad you are giving an opportunity to them and pointing them in the right direction!

Plant Lady

SKY4KAT said...

Lynn,
Thanks for the comment and I think you are right on. It is fear. The fear of love withheld. I have been realizing over the last several years As God has been healing me that I have hidden so well behind masks that I am having to learn who I am. My mother who I know really loved me and did her best to raise me, still would with hold love and affection if I was not behaving how she thought I should--even if I had a different opinion, thought or belief that she did not accept. So I learned early on to hide me my thoughts and opinions and only agree with hers.
At this point in my life, I am striving to be real. To be me and to continue to bloom into the woman God created me to be. I desire to know my moms heart and also for her to know mine.
The fear is still from childhood and the fear is of not being loved.
Thank you for your encouragement.
As Sweetpea suggested, I prioritized the list of questions and then I sent them to her in her Mothers Day card for her to start thinking about. I told her that I would love to hear her answers when we can get together.
I suppose my stepping out in my fear is what you did when you spoke to the relative about the love of Jesus.
Thanks for the encouragement.
Blessings
Katrina

Sharon said...

Lynn,
That was really beautiful, hard for me too read right now, but really nice. My brother was saved, and it was a great feeling to know he was, while he layed there on the life support. God Bless you, You have been a True Blessing in my life. Sharon