Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"I AM" Lesson 4





Discussion Questions:

1. I am going to present to you a little acrostic to begin our discussion today. What is your latest NLIP? (Not Like I Planned?)

I was asked if I would be interested in doing some work for one of our church staff members. I said I had to think about it. So I did and told them that I would do it. I gave them my contact information and then I didn't hear from them.


2. How did you react to your NLIP? Are you still upset about it? Happy about it? Baffled by it? Explain.

Well because of how it happened I am actually glad. My husband says I'm so sweet that if they came to me I would still do it, but I don't think so. It would have involved dealing with some of their personal business and I think sometimes it is better to leave business and personal separate. So I guess that would be my NLIP because I planned to do it and now I guess I'm not.

3. Have you ever attempted to step into an area of ministry and found your desire rejected? Did this cause you to question God and yourself? Perhaps distrust what you perceived to be your calling?

Not really, I have done a few jobs in the ministry and found It wasn't my desire. However I did give them each a good period of time, to make sure it wasn't just a flesh thing.


4. Do you harbor any bitterness towards any individual or situation which you believe waylaid your best laid plans?

I think I'm OK now but I think I did for a while. I'm not sure if it was bitterness or if I felt I saw a different side of someone that I previously looked up to. Partially my fault for exalting her to a position that I shouldn't have in my mind. She is just a person like me.


5. Have you had a life experience or trial that left you with a shaken faith because it ended in an NLIP? Please share if you feel free.

No I have always known God is infallible and that if there is a weak link it is me, us. Even through my trouble years I knew it wasn't Gods fault. I wanted Him to get me out of it though.

6. Based on Moses' response of faith to his own rejection, how will you re-evaluate your own experiences or look at future ones differently if a NLIP presents itself?

Trust God no matter what! :)

Be Blessed,
Lynn

No comments: