Friday, August 30, 2013

Pushing

There's "Pushing" and there is "Pushy".  And there is so much I could say about Pushy people right now but I'll stay off that soap box for now.  
But I want to talk about pushing and the fine line between pushing on, pushing forward,  fighting the good fight or trying to make things happen in your own strength. Because I feel sometimes if we have to fight that hard - we're either going the wrong way, or it's not God's timing for our lives.

Some times it is so hard for us to Stand and Wait.  We are in a time where we want it and we want it now.  I think I've shared before how our oldest Granddaughter at the age of 2 or 3 said "Nobody believes me I've gotta have it nooow!"  Well I think we have trouble growing out of that mentality.  See if we are standing in faith, believing God for direction and breakthrough, then until God speaks in our spirit to move then that's what we do "Stand"
Ephesians 6:10-13 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
I heard a speaker talk about how God is like a GPS - Continue forward until further notice.  See so many times we pray for God show us what to do.  Then when he's quiet - we think we need to make it happen ourselves.  Or we think that's not what God wants us to do, so we stop or give up.  Why do we struggle so much with the quiet times, why can't we just, relax in the assurance that God's got it under control?
Isaiah 40:31 31 but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
(Eagles are very tenacious animals they will persevere even to their death)

Psalm 27:14  Wait patiently for the Lord.  Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.
We do have patience it's one of the fruit of the spirit  - However like a muscle you need to use it.
 
Proverbs 3:5-6   Trust in the Lord with all your heart;  do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do,  and he will show you which path to take.

And one of my favorites:  

Jeremiah 29:11  For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Gods way is definitely better than mine - So I really want Him in the drivers seat of my life!

So take some time to stop and evaluate if you are pushing to fight the good fight or are you pushing  your own agenda. 

Have a great weekend - Blessings,   Lynn

No comments: