Friday, August 16, 2013

Spiritual Prepping 102

Last week I shared that an ounce of prevention was worth a pound of cure, and I gave the warning acronym of HALT.  This week I want share with you some tips on prepping in areas that affect us individually.  We each have our own personalities and weaknesses that the devil will use to trip us up, but we also have the "Storms" in life that come and try to over take us. See at different times in our life we will have different battles that we will need to overcome. And I say over come because God told us we are over comers. in Romans 8:37  Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 
So what battle are you dealing with right now?  Are you in need of healing? Could you use a little more money from paycheck to paycheck? We each need to build up our spiritual bank accounts before we can use  our spiritual atm cards. But aren't you glad that God is so merciful that he give us mercy and grace and favor even when we don't build up those accounts with Him. However, I think to truly go deeper, to really get the great results, we need to dig in and do a little work.  :)   And it actually is very easy to make a deposit.  See God gave us His word. And in His word there are all kinds of promises. So now our part is to know what those promises are.  I can buy all kinds of groceries and put them away and if you come to my house and don't look in my cupboards you could go hungry. ( Not really - I always offer food) But I feel where we all miss our ship coming in, is not knowing and claiming what we have.  In fact God said my people perish for a lack of knowledge. (paraphrased).  Our part is very easy - we read it - we receive it and believe it... God's part was hard. He gave his Son to die for us so that we could have this. That's like someone buying you a slice of chocolate cake with ice cream on top and you just walking by and not eating it.  Unless you don't like chocolate you'd be all over that.  I mean you wouldn't want to offend them by not being a gracious receiver right?  I know I was being funny - but in a serious tone here - How much do we offend God because we don't graciously receive His Son?  Ouch that was a little of a stab huh? See that borders pleasing people more that our Creator.  I'm not saying you can't eat the cake... :)  eat it and enjoy it - but of course thank God for it too. 
Now I got off track of where I thought I was going with this but maybe God had point He wanted to make so I will leave that there. 
What I want to share now is a few scriptures that you can use for specific areas that you want to work on.  I feel it is best to get to know scriptures before a storm hits but starting anywhere is better than not starting at all. So pick a topic that is dear to you  or a storm in your life right now and I encourage you to look up scriptures pertaining to that issue.  There are so many wonderful websites out there that you can use to look up topical scriptures. Then start confessing these scriptures daily, hourly whatever until you get your breakthrough.  But just START..  Even if all you can say is "Thank you Jesus by your stripes I'm healed"  it's a start.  Here are some scriptures:

Healing: 1 Peter 2:24, James 5:14-16, Psalm 6:2, John 10:10, Psalm 119:50, Psalm 103:2-3

Marriage: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7  The love walk.  Really if you get this down - you got it.  :)  But here's a couple more.  Proverbs 18:22, Ephesians 5:22-33 (if you really understand the submission thing, it's a good thing not a bad thing.)

Prosperity:  Philippians 4:19,  2 Corinthians 9:8, Malachi 3:10, Proverbs 28:25, and a personal favorite Jeremiah 29:11.

Alright now, this is where the rubber hits the road so to speak.  I wanted to enable and post all the scriptures, but we really need to start taking action for ourselves.  We can "Complain and remain or praise and be raised" quote from Joyce Meyer or like My hubby and I say "If it's important to you, you'll take care of it, if it's not you won't".   The bottom line is if you want something to change - then you need to change something. 
Dig into God's word get to know it now and then when a storm hits you can quote it from your heart without really thinking about it. Then you can do like I said in a different post, say - "God - You Said ......
Hope you have a Blessed day.    Lynn

PS  So many people are being displaced right now due to fires... Pray for them and the many firefighters that are working to put the fires out.  Thanks.

No comments: