Thursday, April 3, 2008

God is growing Me - One lesson at a time!

I started another Bible Study last night. A friend of my from church is leading so I said I would attend. So as I studied the story of Deborah on-line, my new study is about the gospel of peace. Learning to be bold and take our place in the kingdom of God. So as I am reflecting this morning on the things I've taken in the last couple of days. I felt the Lord was leading me to look up scriptures on courage. I feel that the Lord is telling me that when we are bold and courageous as Deborah was, we don't hesitate to do what we are called to do. When we are fully convinced of our position with Christ Jesus, we are not so easily swayed when the storms come at us. (The sower sows the seed - what type of ground is your heart where the seed falls?) In our study last night we were given a memory verse, and I thought ok I need to start speaking that out today so I can have it memorized. But this morning I was looking for the Scriptures on courage, the 1st verse that I saw was the very verse she gave us last night. So I think the Lord wants me to really get this down in my Spirit.
The scripture is Romans 8:38-39 - "For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers nor things present nor things to come. nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
I believe God wants all of us to be that fully convinced. When the storms of life come at us we need to have His living word so embedded in us that we can be like Jesus on the mountain saying "It is written"
Courage also holds an element of trust. We can not be bold if we are not trusing God to do the things He says he will do. When we hold on to something and don't give it to God to take care of it's like we are saying we can handle it better. That we are better than God. "Ouch" I encourage any one that is reading this to take an inventory of your heart right now and ask yourself. What areas of my heart am I not giving to God? Ask Him to help you lean on Him fully trusting Him with your life, and everything you hold dear.
Well as always I could keep going, but I think I'm going to go practice my lean before I go to work.
Be Blessed.
Lynn

No comments: