Monday, April 7, 2008

Before I walked Daily with God - He Walked Daily with Me.

Well for the last couple of days I have had fun playing with our youngest two grandchildren ages 4 and 1 1/2. What a joy. My Husband chases them and is loud and tickles them relentlessly. Then they run to me for protection, then back to him for more.

I see why God says to have faith as a little child. As our daughter twirls them around and we toss them up, they trust us. No questions, they just trust us.

I'm not sure why we limit God, why is it that?

Joshua 23:14
"Now I am about to go the way of all the earth. You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the LORD your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed."

I read a book when I was a teenager "Illusions" by Richard Bach In there he talked about a messiah called the "I am". Now at the time I was believer, but not walking with God. When life would bum me out and I didn't think I could handle any more, I would pray and tell God that I was on "Auto Pilot" and He would have to take over because I couldn't do it any more. In my unknowing way I was casting my care.
1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you!

I did not understand the magnitude of these events, however there was a quote in that book that said something like "Argue for your limitations and sure enough they are yours" Now that saying can have some meaning on its own and several times in my life I would tell myself, "Never any limitations"! I hadn't thought about this phrase in quite some time but a few weeks ago I heard a pastor say "What you make excuses for you purchase" The Pastor went on to explain that if we don't make excuses and we are quick to repent and offer whatever it is up to God, he can deal with it.

As I meditated on that teaching the Lord spoke to me saying this is like the story of the good samaritan. When you are having trouble in any area, if you will address it in a quiet way lifting it up in prayer, He will be faithful to gently reward you and help you deal with it. However if you go out in the streets and make excuses for your behavior or problem that you should be dealing with that is the reward (or help) you will get. Only the sympathy of your audience. God is saying, there are Never any Limitations with me - Trust me with child like faith. I will close with the 91st Psalm. It has a lot to say about how much God wants to protect us.

Psalm 91
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling— even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

Blessings
Lynn

2 comments:

Plant Lady said...

Lynn,
What a wonderful post! You have included one of my favorite scriptures on which I like to meditate. I've been thinking about this one quite a lot lately. I gives me so much comfort to know that God loves me so much that He will protect and rescue me! I, too, want to have that childlike trust. Things are getting better for me as I learn to "cast my cares on Him."

Hope you are having a great day and I look forward to talking with you again soon!

Love,
Plant Lady

debrah said...

Lynn- I am always amazed at what the Lord will use to get my attention or to reveal His Love and protection...Just a few days ago I started signing I'll Stand By You...since I don't have that cd...I found it online...while listening I felt that this what the Lord was saying to me hear this as if I were singing it to you...I'll Stand by You...won't let nobody hurt you...nothing you confess could make me love you less...I'll stand by you...
Be Blessed
Debrah