Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Love is .........



1 Corinthians 13 says Love is patient and kind, love does not envy or boast it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful, it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth........
Do not rejoice at wrong doing - God's Wrath on injustice
Romans 1:32 Though they are fully aware of God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve to die, they not only do them themselves but approve and applaud others who practice them.
2 Thessalonians 2: 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
But Rejoices in Truth (For God is Truth)
2 John 4 I rejoiced greatly that I have found some of your children walking in truth, as we received commandment from the Father.
Psalm 17:1 Hear, O LORD, my righteous plea; listen to my cry. Give ear to my prayer— it does not rise from deceitful lips
John3:33 He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.
3 John 2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. 3 For I rejoiced greatly when brethren came and testified of the truth that is in you, just as you walk in the truth. 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
If I/we are seeking to be like God, and God is Love and part of Love is rejoicing in truth, then I/we need to rejoice in truth.
To be Continued....
Blessings,
Lynn

1 comment:

Sharon said...

These scriptures are wonderful Lynn, they are all my favorites, but the one that really stands out to me and we talked about it on sunday is "Love is patient and kind, love does not envy or boast it is not arrogant or rude." so this is a great confirmation to me as well.
Great post and scriptures
Have a blessed week
Huggsss
Sharon