Monday, February 2, 2009

Love is .....


According to 1 Corinthians 13: Love is Patient, and KIND....

What is kind? We hear and say "kinda" or "two of a kind" but what about the act of being kind? I looked the word KIND up in Websters and this is what it said:
1. Affectionate, loving
2. A sympathetic or helpful nature, a forbearing nature, Gentle
3. of a kind to give pleasure or relief.

Ephesians 4:32 Be Kind and compassionate to on another forgiving each other just as in Christ God forgave you.

2 Corinthians 6:6 In purity understand, patience and Kindness in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love.

Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, Kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

So to act in a kind manner, I/we need to be affectionate, compassionate, helpful and gentle.
Selah..... To be continued.

Blessings,
Lynn

1 comment:

Paula V said...

Where have I been? Oh, hibernation as I indicated on my last posting. I love your blog layout. Aren't there some of the cutest blog backgrounds out there. I added a new one too.

Love is...ah, precious.
Love,
Paula