Saturday, January 31, 2009

Study With Me - Chapter 24

Hi Everyone,
Almost there. Thank you anyone and everyone that has taken this journey with me and all who will in the future. This Book has helped me and so many that I know personally that I wish everyone in the world would dig into it. This is my second time through reading it and I got new nuggets from it this time that I didn't get last time. God meets us where we are at. Reading Dick and Jane in the first grade and then re-reading Dick and Jane in the third grade you'll see a different story. Well lets get going....

** If you are coming here for the first time, I am hosting a study using the book "Battlefield of the Mind" by Joyce Meyers. Click the button on my side bar to go to the intro or join in anytime.

Chapter #24 - Wilderness Mentality #9
Why shouldn't I be jealous and envious when everybody else is better off that I am?
Is there anybody out there that has never had to deal with even one jealous or envious thought?
This is such an ugly monster that can creep into any little crack of your life that it can find. It can be as little as, "they got more cereal in their bowl", "their birthday present was better than the one I got", to "I am such a better person, why do they get all the better things in life".
That's not even going into the whole relationship jealousy thing. I have known so many people that have ruined friendships and even marriages by being jealous and possessive.
I like the scripture that Joyce used - Proverbs 14:30 A calm and undisturbed mind and heart are the life and health of the body, but envy, jealousy, and wrath are like rottenness of the bones.
Notice that is says a "calm and undisturbed mind" . Now look at - 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. Again God is talking about having a "Sound Mind". See when we are not calm, when we are not of sound mind, we react in ways we should not. When we get to that point our flesh or carnal nature takes over. Not pretty.
Jealousy and envy is a type of fear. Fear is the opposite of Faith. We need to build up our faith to know without any doubt that God has a plan for each of us. Let God be in complete control. God knows what is best for us and He has us right where we can do the work that He wants us to do.
Father God, as always, help us, to lean on and trust in you. Show us how to rest and trust in where you have us. Give us strength to refuse the evil thoughts that would try to torment us about who we are or are not. Help us to not compare or compete in unhealthy ways.
In Jesus' precious name
Amen
Blessings
Lynn

No comments: