Friday, January 23, 2009

Study with Me - Chapter 22

Hi everyone,
Hope you are doing well we only have a few chapters left. It seems like it was just a couple of weeks ago I was asking if anyone was interested. Well let's get started.

** If you are coming here for the first time, I am hosting a study using the book "Battlefield of the Mind" by Joyce Meyers. Click the button on my side bar to go to the intro or join in anytime.

Chapter 22 - Wilderness Mentality #7
My life is so miserable;
I feel sorry for myself because my life is so wretched.
I think a lot of us have thought this at on time or another in our life. I know children can get into this mindset when they don't get their way. The world is against them, nobody understands, and nobody cares. As Joyce points out in the book, this is a result of Satan continually whispering these lies in your ear. Again as I have said in many of my posts, the devil uses a little piece of truth and a lot of lie to convince you how bad your life really is. So we have our party, Pity Party that is. We have the planning of the party, that's where we meditate on all the reasons we should have the party. Then we make up the guest list, this is where we think of all the people we can tell our woe's to, that will agree with us. (You can identify that's what you're doing by the fact that some people are not on the guest list) Next you gather party favors, these are the little tid bits that you are storing up for attack and revenge. By now the party is in full force. At this point, the party its self is doing enough damage in your life, however what other areas besides your mind is it affecting.
Are you murmuring, grumbling, or fault-finding? Are you doing the woe is me martyr dance? Are you over eating or using other substances to medicate your wounds? Stop! I know - easier said than done, especially if you have had lots of parties, it takes a while to learn how to not. But you can do it. God says you can do all things through Him that strengthens you. (Philippians 4:13)
Something that really helped me is the phrase that God shared with Joyce, "You can be pitiful or powerful but not both". There have actually been times when I wanted to break out into a pity party, and God reminded me of that and it stopped me.
Try to identify the things that trigger you to want to have a pity party, ask God to point them out to you. Lay them down to God and let Him correct your thinking about these things.
John 8:31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” 33 They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can You say, ‘You will be made free’?” 34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
Father God, Please help us as we continue to renew our mind with your word. Help us to release these areas of our life that are not right. Give us strength and courage to face these wrong attitudes or our hearts. Thank you for your mercy and grace in our lives.
In Jesus Precious Name, Amen
Blessings,
Lynn

1 comment:

debrah said...

funny the people I have invited to my parties lately do not agree with me and that is not a good thing...
In the past though I experienced many times recognizing where I was by who I would call...If I called my friend Jane well then I was going to get the truth -usually called to be accountable for my actions...if I called "S" well then we were going to party in the land of denial...
Now I am so tired of hearing that I am too hard on my self that I open I don't share as often and perhaps that is a good thing...some are probably tired of hearing it...and to keep pontificating on my wrongs without changing is wearying to all...
another great post Lynn
thank you
be blessed,
In His Love,
Debrah