Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A Mother and Fathers Love...

This time of year elicits memories and feelings that are individual and unique to each of us.  For me I like to reflect on not only memories that I have created with my family and loved ones, but I like to reflect on what all the birth of Jesus has done in my life. 
I don't even know how many near misses I've had that the protection of Jesus has saved me from.  I have favor beyond measure everywhere I go.  I have healing, and peace like no other that the world has to offer.  But most of all - I have an eternal home, that when I leave this earth that I can go to because a Father - Father God loved me so much that he gave his only son as a sacrifice for me.  (paraphrased) 
John 3:16

One of my favorite songs is "Mary did you know"  I don't care who sings it - it brings me to tears ever time I hear it - and yes I listen to it over and over. 

Here are the lyrics: 

Mary, did you know
that your Baby Boy would one day walk on water?
Mary, did you know
that your Baby Boy would save our sons and daughters?
Did you know
that your Baby Boy has come to make you new?
This Child that you delivered will soon deliver you.

Mary, did you know
that your Baby Boy will give sight to a blind man?
Mary, did you know
that your Baby Boy will calm the storm with His hand?
Did you know
that your Baby Boy has walked where angels trod?
When you kiss your little Baby you kissed the face of God?

Mary did you know.. Ooo Ooo Ooo

The blind will see.
The deaf will hear.
The dead will live again.
The lame will leap.
The dumb will speak
The praises of The Lamb.

Mary, did you know
that your Baby Boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary, did you know
that your Baby Boy would one day rule the nations?
Did you know
that your Baby Boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
The sleeping Child you're holding is the Great, I Am.
Here's a link if you want to listen to it:  Here


My Granddaughter and her husband are expecting their second son.  "Benjamin" in February.  I talked to her last night and she's getting so excited to see her new little baby.  It's so exciting to think of what all this new little boy will do with his life.  I say dream big - Jesus say we could do even greater things than He... 

John 14:12 (NIV)

 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

But none of this would be possible with out there first being a birth.  The birth of Jesus had to happen for any of these blessings.  And that is truly what this holiday is about for me.  Reflecting and rejoicing that Jesus was born.  

Blessings to you all and a very Merry Christmas.

  

No comments: