Friday, July 26, 2013

You Said

Have you ever noticed that when you talk to a child, and say “We’ll See” – I’ll think about it “  - or “Maybe” - they hear,  “Done Deal” – “It’s Happening” – “You Said” – “You Promised”.  In Luke 18:17 Jesus talks about having child like faith to enter into heaven. 
 
17 Truly I say to you, whoever does not accept and receive and welcome the kingdom of God like a little child [does] shall not in any way enter it [at all].
 
About a year ago I started something new in my life long journey of increasing my faith – “When you pray believe you receive”
 
 Mark 11:24  “ Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 

 So I started by quoting a scripture and then saying “You Said”.  Or I would Start with God “You Said” – See God doesn’t say “maybe, we’ll see, I’ll think about it – He says – “It is done” So why do so many people struggle? Why are there such an increasing amount of people with anxiety and depression.  
 
In my last post I mentioned that there are 3 things God and I are working on. Another one of these things God and I are working on is to quit doing things half heartily. I’m sure that most of us have heard statements like “Half hearted attempts equal half hearted results. (maybe stated differently but you get the jest of it) So many times we have great intentions on doing things right or fully, but we get tired or lazy.  I know how easy it is to get discouraged.  I know it's hard to press on. We get weary. But God is so smart he even warned us about that…
 
Galatians 6:9 says “ Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.  


We go around and around the same mountain and wonder why we aren’t making any permanent progress. So my husband are now double checking what we do and asking ourselves “How’s that working for you?” See God says it’s ours so if it’s ours… then why don’t we have it… Yup the ugly part – it’s us. 
 
Disclaimer – I know bad things happen to good people – I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about reaching out and claiming what is ours. One of our Pastors said years ago  “If you want change in any area of your life you need to change something.” My husband and I have always remembered that. But here’s a little add on to that – If you want permanent change you need to make a permanent commitment to it. It’s not I’ll believe for healing now because I’ve got some aches and pain, it’s I need to eat right, exercise for life and for my life. By the stripes of Jesus I’m healed – I need to claim that because “He said” but I can’t just claim that for today because I have a cold – I need to believe it always.  I don't want to work and work and then say ... oh well that's good enough.  Was it really? Did I accomplish what I really set out to do?  Is this the life that Jesus died so I could have. I'm saved and going to heaven but I have a horrible life now. Jesus wants me to have an abundant life.



  John 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. 
So when you read that are you deceived in to thinking it's this big masked thug coming in and robbing you... No it's the little whispers that distract you from your goals.  The little whispers that say screw it that's good enough.

 In Solomon 2:15 is says it's the little foxes that spoil the vine. (Paraphrased)  The little compromises here and little compromise there.  The oh well or that rule isn't for me.  I call it stepping out of the protection of God's play pen.  Yes I really do have an image in my mind of a giant play pen that God gives us.

So that's what's on my heart... Stepping up, going higher, not being mediocre. Working at taking God's promises as promises and claiming them for myself.  It's a life long work and I am not there "yet" - but I'm here for the rest of my life and I want to enjoy as much of it as I can. 

Just Say'n - God "you said"....
Have a blessed day everyone!
Lynn  

No comments: