Friday, October 10, 2008

Study with Me - Chapter 11

Hello Everyone,

If this is your first time to this blog, I'm hosting a study using the book "Battlefield of the Mind" by Joyce Meyer. You can go back and start at the beginning, pick up here, make a comment here or on a blog, email me, or just read along behind the scenes. It is very nice to have everyone's feed back and see the different revelations we are all getting as these chapters and God's word touch each of us. So if this is your first time, Welcome.

Chapter 11 Doubt and Unbelief
Doubt - We have all experienced it at one time or another. That little voice that says "Should I or Should I not". When I was 17 I interviewed for a job in a large office building. I answered all the questions they asked, selling myself with the attitude of if I don't know it I'm sure I can learn it. As I walked out of the building and saw the professionalism of the place, Satan went to town with his little seeds. Did you over sell yourself? Do you really think you can do all those things they were talking about? Even if you could do the work, would you fit in, or have the clothes for this position?
By the time I had got home, I had let the devil tear me up and spit me out. I started doubting my abilities and finally wavered so much that I was in unbelief about who God said I was. I was not in a strong walk with God at the time and it didn't take much to make me fall. As I got home, the phone was ringing and it was the lady I interviewed with. She wanted me to start as soon as I could. I wish I could tell you I went for it, but I did not. I was so defeated in my "MIND" that I declined the position telling her that I thought the position might be over my head then thanked her for her time. She said she was sorry that she couldn't convince me to come but glad she got to meet me.
A few days later, she called again, stating that they had made another position for me and would like me to come. It didn't matter if I didn't know how to do it they would train me. Again I allowed the devil to convince me I was not worthy and declined again. She did call me one or two more times. I can't look back at that time with regrets, I have to move on, however it can be a learning experience. If I had been built up in the word I may have reacted differently. I told you all of that to point out what doubt and unbelief can do in your life. We need to build ourselves up in God's word to recognize that if something is not lining up with Him, it's an attack to lead us astray. And also so we are fully convinced and confident not to doubt or waiver which leads to unbelief and disobedience.
Something that struck me from Joyce's conference this past weekend is that "If you ever doubt God's love for you, you will doubt God's word for you". See you may believe that God heals, but if you doubt He loves you, you will doubt that He will heal you. "Well I know he heals and He did heal Fred, but I hope he'll heal me someday". "Oh I know God gave me a word to share but I don't know if anyone will listen to me".
1 Corinthians 1:27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. (niv)
Because I wasn't walking close to God at the time of that interview, I was tricked and deceived. That may have been a position that God really wanted me to take, (or not), not all enticing things are from God. And when we let satan lie to us we are choosing to doubt, and choosing to be in unbelief and disobedience to God. Look at Eve, when the serpent told her God was holding back, she choose to eat the fruit. See again the enemy made her question Gods intentions for her and Adam, which lead to doubt, which lead to unbelief, which then lead to disobedience. Then because of her sin, she was in fear. Fear - Doubt - and Unbelief are not from God.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. (nkjv)
At the first sign of questioning, take it to God and seek His wisdom. Remember, no matter how enticing something may seem, if it does not line up with the word of God, or what He has spoken into your heart for your life, don't go with it.
Ladies (and Gents) feel free to share your experiences or what God is sharing with you concerning doubt and unbelief. I look forward to hearing from you.
Father God,
I thank you for the wisdom and discernment you give us. Help us to always seek you and to not doubt you or the visions you give us for our life. I thank you for this time of fellowship with my other Blog friends. May we all grow in your word. Watch over us and lead us where we need to go.
In Jesus precious name.
Amen
Be Blessed!
Lynn

4 comments:

debrah said...

Just dropping by to say Hi...I miss everyone...just finished organizing my notes for the discussion/breakfast tomorrow...so hopefully I will soon be able to catch up on the chapters I missed...and be better organized for next month so I will not be so far behind in this study...
Be Blessed,
In His Love,
debrah

Unknown said...

Hi there! I have a new blog called Joyce Meyer Ministry Partners that will be connecting Joyce Meyer Partners and conference goers. If you'd like your blog listed, let me know!http://jmmpartners.blogspot.com

debrah said...

Hi All I finally read chapter 11...what the Lord has been speaking to my heart and mind lately was to not be discouraged...I knew that during this season there would be days(moments) I would feel greatly encouraged only and soon feel greatly discouraged...The Lord has been showing me little by little to look at Moses and Pharoh...how many times did Moses go before Pharoh before he finally let the children go...there the Lord showed me not to be discouraged but to have faith in God...then the Lord showed me not to be afraid...yes Pharoh pursued the children of God but God delivered his children and drowned those who pursued...He also showed me that Moses was not comfortable and He sent Aaron...like Joyce I praise God in faith and joy and then find myself having to hear the same thing over and over from the Lord...but God is good and gently takes me to the next step...
In His Love,
Debrah

SKY4KAT said...

Lynn and other study persons :>),
I love the quote of Joyce's that you used "If you ever doubt God's love for you, you will doubt God's word for you". This amplifies the reality of our own personal relationship with Christ. On the same line if we doubt the love of a friend, husband etc how do we trust them with our deepest feeling, fears, shame, even our love.
I like the way she contrasted doubt ( it causes a person to waver between 2 opinions) and disbelief (it leads to disobedience).
I don't have any issues with doubt or stories of disbelief-
No I'm kidding. I have way too many but I am on to read chapter 12.
Blessings Katrina