Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Confident Heart

Today is the official Start to the Study "A Confident Heart" by Renee Swope is an Author and Speaker of Proverbs 31 Ministries. I do not have my book yet, however was able to read the introduction and 1st chapter on Amazon.

Renee talked about preparing for a speaking engagement that she was doing one weekend and all the sudden as she was putting on her makeup, fear and doubt started creeping in. As she turned to put her makeup in her suitcase she notice her shadow on the wall and how large and distorted it was to her actual size. God shared with her in that moment, that when we turn away from the light (HIM) things get distorted. That is so good...

It reminded me a something my Dad told me many years ago when I first started driving. He said always keep your eyes on the road cause you will steer where your eyes are focused. I don't know if my Dad knew how often I think of that in life or how profound of a statement that really is. But I'm glad he shared it with me.

What we focus on in life is what will becomes big in our life.

Father God I pray that I stay focused on you and your truth. Help me to not steer right or left but only on the road you have made for me.
In Jesus Name, Amen.
Blessings to all, Lynn

No comments: