Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Boomerang Finger

My Finger has grown crooked over the years and resembles a boomerang, for every time I try to point at someone else it points back to me.

Matthew 7
1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.


May I be accepting of others shortcomings.

May I not use their faults to elevate myself

May I never rely solely on my performance to determine my worth.

May I always give God the glory for the talents and abilities I have been given.
Psalm 96:4 Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise! He is to be feared above all gods.

May I remember my past only for the purpose of having mercy on others. For if my Father in heaven forgave me of my sins, who am I to not forgive others.

May my past never hinder my future - Romans 8:1 1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,

May I always submit to what God asks me to do.
1 Kings 3:14 And if you walk in obedience to me and keep my decrees and commands as David your father did, I will give you a long life.”

Blessings,
Lynn

No comments: